An international resource company developing a world
class deposit require an innovative project manager to join their management
team to manage, coordinate and control all aspects of project execution,
contract deliverables and stakeholder relationships.
Reporting directly to the General Manager the major
areas of work to be performed will include:
- Determining and approving the overall project planning requirements
- Directing the establishment of appropriate project milestones
- Interrogating all proposed changes from the approved plan and approving
the incorporation of agreed changes within the overall project scope. - Monitoring the progress of the engineering input, to ensure program
adherence and compliance in respect of safety and specifications.
- Monitoring the detailed cost of potential overruns.
- Directing the regular evaluation and auditing of technical designs
- Promoting the development and selection of appropriate concepts and innovative
technologies, to meet the requirements of the overall project brief.
- Reviewing resource requirements and resource utilization figures in respect
of contractor's staffing capacities; materials inventory status; machines
and equipment; to facilitate delivery and the elimination of bottlenecks.
- Scheduling formal, regular report back meetings to discuss unresolved
client complaints; progress against plan and budget, as well as any problematic
relationship management issues.
- Scheduling and conducting regular site inspection meetings to monitor
and evaluate work in progress, in relation to the agreed implementation/construction
- Overseeing the establishment of a record system for site support decisions,
to evaluate their impacts on safety, costs, construction and other efficiencies.
Requirements: - A minimum of 10 years experience managing large multi-million
dollar projects in the mining and mineral processing industry
- Remote developing country experience would be valued
- A tertiary engineering / project management qualification is desirable
- Ability to communicate in the French language would be a definite asset
- Good analytical background, and commercial acumen.
- A team player, excellent communication skills, a strong motivator
with leadership skills, stamina and drive.
- Flexible and creative, a self-starter.
This one year renewable contract position will be based in Johannesburg
but will require frequent travel to site in Central Africa. Package will
be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their updated CV to:
If you are interested in this offer, please send your CV to the e-mail with the vacancy name as the subject: